Bloggers who have a website name are not aware of the fact that they are able to create an email address with the use of their own domain name. For example, I have socialmediatree.in as my domain name, and I use email@example.com as my official work email address.
Primarily, creating a domain email address provides greater credibility and appears more professional. For any blogger, it is vital to use a personalized email domain address for a professional appearance. Here you can know the way how to create a professional custom email id with your domain name.
I’m going to explain you a way to create a brand new email address, like firstname.lastname@example.org, and link it with your Gmail account. This manner, you can easily send and receive emails via the Gmail interface, but your client will see the emails as coming out of your domain email address.
These steps have divided into two parts.
1. Create the domain name email address
- Sign in your blog hosting control panel
- Select Email Accounts in the Email section
- Fill the details for creating new account, and click Create account
- You will see a notification like this: “Success! Account Created”
- Go back to your Cpanel and click on Forwarders in the Mail section. Then click Add Forwarder
- Then after clicking the Add Forwarder button fill the details as shown below. Then, click Add Forwarder button and you’re done
Now all the emails sent to email@example.com will be sent to your personal email address.
2. Integrate your new domain email with Gmail
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Select options, then to Mail settings, then click Accounts and Imports
- Check Send Mail As, and click on Add another email address you have
- Fill in your details, add the new domain email address you just created, and then click Next
- Select Send verification button and a verification email will be delivered to your inbox. Simply click on the link to verify it, and you are done
- Click on Compose Email, and see the changes you’ve made in action
I hope these steps are clear enough for you to create a professional custom email id with your domain name